Oracle Recently certified Oracle EBS R12 to run with Database 19c (19.3). Its really exciting because this is the first time Oracle Certified to run EBS Database as a PDB. I have finally completed the 19c Upgrade from 188.8.131.52 and EBS runs like a charm as usual with 19.3 Database. The upgrade and migration needs to be carried out rather carefully but the documentation is excellent and there are barely any issues.
Below are the 3 posts which have the entire upgrade process including details commands, screenshots etc.
Here is the overview of the process:
- Apply Latest ETCC patches and Mandatory EBS patches such as 19c Interoperability etc.
- Install Oracle 19c Binaries
- Migrate Autoconfig to DB Tier (i.e. using admkappsutil.pl)
- Create CDB (Follow instructions carefully as no PDB needs to be created now)
- Create the CDB TNS Files
- Upgrade your 12c Database to 19c using DBUA
- Compile Invalids and Gather Stats
- Create and Configure PDB using txk scripts provided by Oracle
- Modify Initialization Parmaters of 19c
- In Application Tier: Modify tnsnames.ora to include CDB, Modify APPLPTMP value to include new locations on DB
- Run Autoconfig on Application tier
Documentation to follow:
Interoperability Notes: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Oracle Database 19c (Doc ID 2552181.1)
Using UTL_FILE_DIR or Database Directories for PL/SQL File I/O in Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 12.1 and 12.2 (Doc ID 2525754.1)
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1)
Look at the beautiful sight of EBS running with 19c Database 🙂